COVID-19 Pre Departure PCR Test for International Travel – St Albans, Christchurch – Fixed Location (Weekends & Public Holidays)
All Pricing includes GST
Please Note : On Waitangi Weekend testing is only available 5pm-7pm Monday 6th Feb
All Clear provides a COVID-19 saliva PCR testing service in Auckland and Christchurch for Travel using the innovative SalivaDirect™ process.
Our COVID-19 Saliva RT-PCR tests are valid for:
- PCR test at our premises in St Albans, Christchurch
SalivaDirect™ is an effective and accurate non-invasive saliva-based RT-qPCR test, without the need for an uncomfortable nasopharyngeal swab.
Lab results generally available next day.
Standard Service Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm (Excl. Public Holidays), Weekend services are available – Call Us for more information on 09 392 0009
In partnership with Hill Laboratories, All Clear currently uses the non-invasive SalivaDirect™ protocol developed at Yale University to detect the virus in saliva of asymptomatic individuals.
SalivaDirect™ is a screening testing program developed specifically as a means to detect SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. The protocol was quickly recognised as being a critical step in managing the pandemic and received US FDA emergency use authorisation (EUA) in August 2020. All Clear is proud to be on the forefront of implementing this innovative testing program across the Auckland and Canterbury regions.
Benefits of All Clear SalivaDirect™ COVID-19 testing are:
- Ease of Use - The saliva-based test is non-invasive and does not need medically trained personnel to collect samples. Saliva samples are easy to produce and do not involve the discomfort associated with inserting a swab. As a self-collected sample, Saliva is more acceptable to collect, especially for those needing regular testing.
- Fast Notification time – Current notification time for the Saliva test is generally only One Business day whereas the turnaround time for existing tests is around two to three days or longer depending on demand.
- Widespread testing – Through advantages in cost, speed and accuracy, the saliva tests can increase access to testing and control spread by identifying pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers.
- High Accuracy – The saliva test has high sensitivity and specificity. SalivaDirect has been validated, with a reported accuracy of 94%. This has been accredited by IANZ in New Zealand. The saliva test has a specificity of 94%, with very few false positives. High specificity combined with frequent testing makes saliva-based testing extremely reliable for repeat screening tests in New Zealand.
- Simple, low-risk collection: Self-collection process reduces on-site processing times, and close contact with others which significantly reduces the cross-infection risk to others, making it ideal for regular testing for asymptomatic individuals
- Smarter Risk management in the era of COVID-19