Drinking Water Testing, NZ Wide
All Clear offer a comprehensive drinking water testing service, either with on-site sampling in Northland, Auckland & Canterbury, or DIY sampling NZ wide.
Both the DIY and on-site option include a lab-based analysis by an IANZ accredited laboratory, comparing the water sample against the New Zealand Drinking Water Standards. Results are interpreted and presented in an easy-to-read report, identifying any issues that may fall outside the standards and may need to be remedied.
Depending on the source of your water supply – be it rainwater, tank water, bore water, well water or town water – the surrounding environment and even your pipes can impact the water quality. Many of the contaminants found in drinking water are colourless and odourless, which can have serious health implications.
To ensure your drinking water is safe and clean, consider our ALL CLEAR WATER QUALITY TESTING SERVICE for an independent, expert analysis and report on the water quality at your property.
Our service includes:
- Comprehensive analysis of the property’s drinking water, comparing the results to the Drinking Water Standards New Zealand 2005 (Revised 2018).
- Analysis includes common metals such as Iron, Manganese and Copper which may produce odours and colours indicative of contamination. These issues suggest corrosion of the pipes within the property.
- Laboratory based sampling for bacteria such as E.Coli
- The presence of E. coli in water is a strong indication of recent sewage or animal waste contamination.
- This strain of bacteria produces a powerful toxin and can cause severe illness.
- Results will be returned with written reporting within 5 business days.
- Additional analysis can be provided based on specific concerns.
- Pool & Spa Water Testing is also available, which includes analysis of chlorine, pH, alkalinity and cyanuric acid levels.
- Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (excl. Public Holidays), After Hours & Weekend services are available – Contact us for more information.
- A surcharge may apply for remote locations
Water Testing Services
Our comprehensive water quality testing services include, but are not limited to:
Water Potability Testing
Drinking Water Testing
Bore Water Testing
Tank Water Testing
Well Water Testing
Test For Nitrates In Water
Testing For Lead In Water
E Coli Water Testing
Basic Water Chemistry Analysis
Metals and Minerals Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
All Clear’s water quality assessment includes a comprehensive on-site assessment of the property, including checking for possible sources of contaminants in the water supply including gutters and pipes, assessing filters and sample collection by one of our trained scientific consultants.
With the DIY service option you will collect your own water sample using the 3 sample containers provided (for Microbiological analysis, Basic Water Chemistry Analysis and Metals and Minerals analysis). Samples are then couriered to the lab, and results returned within 5 business days.
Please note that the DIY service is NOT suitable for any situation in which water quality is being disputed, such as a tenancy tribunal or any forms of court hearing. In this instance the water samples should be collected by an independent third party such as All Clear to ensure there is no conflict of interest and accuracy of results.
All Clear’s analytical suites have been selected based on our experience and knowledge of the common contaminants associated with your specific water supply. Results will be assessed against relevant guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health (Drinking Water Standards New Zealand 2018 and Household Water Supplies 2019). Please contact us to request a quote and a full list of the parameters we will test for. We do have the ability to include a range of other parameters and contaminants for an additional cost at your request also.
All Clear’s water quality assessment includes the collection of samples from one location, typically where you are most likely to obtain water from (e.g. kitchen tap). From this location we will collect 3 samples for the different parameters we test for (Microbiological analysis, Basic Water Chemistry Analysis and Metals and Minerals analysis).
Additional sample locations can be requested during the assessment for an additional cost.
Regular testing is important to:
- Identify any existing contaminants.
- Ensure water it potable and suitable for intended use.
- Track changes over time. The quality of a water source may change over time, even suddenly. Changes may go unnoticed, as many contaminants are odourless and colourless.
- Determine the effectiveness of a treatment system.
We can test all types of drinking water supplies including bore water, spring water, rainwater or mains supplied water. There is also additional suites designed for recreational water usage such as our spa pool / swimming pool suite and pond water suite.
Drinking water contaminants are often colourless and odourless and can go undetected until consumers begin to feel unwell. Poor water quality may cause diseases particularly gastrointestinal related with symptoms such as diarrhoea and vomiting. In more severe cases nervous system, reproductive issues or chronic diseases such as cancer may result from contaminated water. Self-supplied water is often untreated and could become contaminated at any point in time so regular monitoring and a good treatment plan is essential to ensure your drinking water is safe.
If you are a registered drinking water supplier with Taumata Arowai you have obligations under the Water Services Act 2021 to regularly test your water and prepare a drinking water safety plan. All Clear can assist with carrying out your drinking water tests to meet these requirements.
The current safe level for Nitrates outlined in the New Zealand Drinking Water Standards, as mandated by the World Health Organization (WHO) is, 11.3mg/L but many think this is too high! Research completed by Dr Tim Chambers from the Department of Public Health at the University of Otago, Wellington indicates that nitrates in drinking water could be causing up to 100 bowel cancer cases and 40 deaths in New Zealand every year and that many New Zealanders are regularly drinking water containing levels of nitrate which may put them at increased risk of bowel cancer. Nitrate cannot be detected in water by taste or smell so it is important to test your water supply especially if you have a self-supplied water system.